|Opening of the call||March 2020|
|Application deadline||May 31, 2020|
|Final evaluation of the candidates||June 2020|
|Expected start date||October 2020|
The recruitment process will run on a just-in-time basis. After eligibility check, applications will be reviewed and sorted as they are submitted.
The preliminary review and evaluation will be carried out upon the following criteria:
- CV, cover letter, and grades obtained during their respective masters courses (40%)
- Adequacy of their academic background and research experience to the research project objective (40%)
- Future professional goals (20%)
This review leads to a preliminary list of applicants distributed over the 9 topics.
This preliminary list is shared with the recruiting universities to discuss about the candidate evaluation and make adjustments. Applicants may be asked for an interview and / or asked to provide a letter of recommendation.
This leads to a refined list of candidates to whom the selection committee will ask to do a scientific exercise related to the subject.
The selected candidates will give a 15 minutes presentation followed by a 15 minutes discussion between the candidate and the selection committee.
|ESRs||will be interviewed by|
|2, 3, 6||Ecole Centrale de Lyon, Adaptronica, Compredict, Powerflex|
|4, 8, 9||Technical University of Darmstadt, Adaptronica, Vibratec, Powerflex|
|1, 5, 7||University of Naples, Adaptronica, Compredict, Vibratec|
During his 15 minutes presentation, the candidate will share with the committee a powerpoint presentation that will include :
- his/her background and the adequacy of his/her academic training and experience to the research topic,
- the results or the resolution strategy of the requested exercise,
- the description of the research topics as understood by the candidate: it should include the long term vision of the research field, the research objective of the project; the scientific context, the expected scientific and societal impact, potential benefit to the associated industrial partners,
- research-oriented, academic and personal motivation for this particular topic,
- professional willingness and the role of this PhD to achieve his/her goals
The selection committee will then select the top 5 pair candidate/topics based on the following criteria :
- Candidate track record, academic records and grades obtained during their respective masters courses, CV, letters of recommendation from the master internship supervisor and evaluation letter of the potential doctoral supervisor (30%)
- Quality of the interview, presentation and discussion (30%)
- Adequacy of their academic background and research experience to the research project objective (20%)
- Motivation of the candidate, realization of the project and career goals (20%)